It's Monday morning and he wanted to skip school,
his stomach was hurting, that's how he would fool.
Mama approached and he held the stomach hard,
She stood and watched as he cried out, ' Oh my God! '
'Told you not to sleep late, Why didn't you follow the rule? '
'I have a stomachache, please don't send me to school.'
Mama told him to rest, believing all the lies,
and set off to work, giving lots of advice.
He slept for sometime, glad to be at home,
but got up in no time, happy but alone.
He watched some TV and played video games,
but actually was missing all school mates.
Restless and lost, Lazy and bored,
eating all junk food, finally he dozed.
Mama returned home and woke him up,
along came his friends happy and pepped up.
startled but awake now, he asked 'how was school? ',
they all said 'wow, it was pretty cool'.
Suddenly he stood up rattling his brain,
everyone looked up when he shouted in pain.
'come here and feel, my stomach is aching,
this time for real, I am not faking.'
Mama said 'drink some water and soon the pain will pass',
His friends gave the school work which he had missed in the class.
Off they went to play
wishing him to get well soon
He knew he had to stay
as he had wasted the afternoon.
He promised himself, will never make an excuse,
bunking the school was really of no use.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skipping School by Rahul Aithal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA