They say humans are the free living life form on this planet,
Dominant among the entire creature,
But little did they know that humans are slaves to themselves.
Soul are confined in the prison of their body,
Like a firefly caged in a glass jar, forbidden to fly.
Body are detained by their own mind,
Like a car which moves when driven.
Men are slaves to their own sensation,
Some are obsessed with lust,
Some are addicted to renown,
Some are devotee of currency,
Some are enthusiast about their own passion.
Some are determined to win,
Like in a car race,
Men are slaves to their own obligation,
Eyes are forbidden to observe nature,
Ears are shut to hear the truth,
Movement are blocked by ticking of clock,
Hands can’t act without consulting their own brain.
Men wants to be part of flaunt,
Nobody wants other to get applaud,
Men are full of resentment for others,
Little did they care of their own kind.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slaves by Madhuri Sawant )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma