They say humans are the free living life form on this planet,
Dominant among the entire creature,
But little did they know that humans are slaves to themselves.
Soul are confined in the prison of their body,
Like a firefly caged in a glass jar, forbidden to fly.
Body are detained by their own mind,
Like a car which moves when driven.
Men are slaves to their own sensation,
Some are obsessed with lust,
Some are addicted to renown,
Some are devotee of currency,
Some are enthusiast about their own passion.
Some are determined to win,
Like in a car race,
Men are slaves to their own obligation,
Eyes are forbidden to observe nature,
Ears are shut to hear the truth,
Movement are blocked by ticking of clock,
Hands can’t act without consulting their own brain.
Men wants to be part of flaunt,
Nobody wants other to get applaud,
Men are full of resentment for others,
Little did they care of their own kind.
Madhuri Sawant's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slaves by Madhuri Sawant )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai