All I do anymore is sleep.
My only escape from an existence so blackly bleak.
Nobody knows the pain and suffering I hold inside.
You can't know why no matter how hard I try.
Even though you don't believe me,
I love you with my entire heart and soul and right now it's profusely bleeding.
If I had a gun I'd finally end it all.
I can't take the loss, your anger, pain, now hate and scorn.
Distance and lack of understanding,
have destroyed us in an earthquake fierce and soul shattering.
If we could close the gap and end this space I know the healing would begin and our destiny sealed our endless love would take place.
I only sleep now to escape the torture I feel inside.
I can't deal with the endless torment of my crazy mind.
Please forgive me I've always loved you with all my heart and soul.
I lay here crying knowing my life is over nowhere to go.
I'll still be here dreaming I'm held so tight within your arms.
The loneliness and distance are tearing me apart inside.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Michael McParland )
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns