All I do anymore is sleep.
My only escape from an existence so blackly bleak.
Nobody knows the pain and suffering I hold inside.
You can't know why no matter how hard I try.
Even though you don't believe me,
I love you with my entire heart and soul and right now it's profusely bleeding.
If I had a gun I'd finally end it all.
I can't take the loss, your anger, pain, now hate and scorn.
Distance and lack of understanding,
have destroyed us in an earthquake fierce and soul shattering.
If we could close the gap and end this space I know the healing would begin and our destiny sealed our endless love would take place.
I only sleep now to escape the torture I feel inside.
I can't deal with the endless torment of my crazy mind.
Please forgive me I've always loved you with all my heart and soul.
I lay here crying knowing my life is over nowhere to go.
I'll still be here dreaming I'm held so tight within your arms.
The loneliness and distance are tearing me apart inside.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Michael McParland )
- How Can i Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)