I saw in her eyes the image of fable hope
I saw how lovely she could look when asleep...
So real but helpless in the blue sky
So seductive under the cold nights of polar....
So brim with youthful haul under the Cairo desert...
So lonely along ganges of Niger banks.
Then we saw you more in the days of old
Then we told you to our kinds
Then we remember all your lasting smiles
Then thy trails mention in many tales
Oh! African moon how lovely thy beauty
Oh! Sleeping dazzling how lonely were thy breeze, how great were thy powers
Thy kind in many faiths, you were but the creator favourite then even to mortals.
I saw that perfection in your eyes whenever thou set thy titanic eyes close over the mountains of fewer Plateau.
ONOJA ANTHONY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping Moon by ONOJA ANTHONY )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(15 February 1935 -)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Topics And Themes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...