I saw in her eyes the image of fable hope
I saw how lovely she could look when asleep...
So real but helpless in the blue sky
So seductive under the cold nights of polar....
So brim with youthful haul under the Cairo desert...
So lonely along ganges of Niger banks.
Then we saw you more in the days of old
Then we told you to our kinds
Then we remember all your lasting smiles
Then thy trails mention in many tales
Oh! African moon how lovely thy beauty
Oh! Sleeping dazzling how lonely were thy breeze, how great were thy powers
Thy kind in many faiths, you were but the creator favourite then even to mortals.
I saw that perfection in your eyes whenever thou set thy titanic eyes close over the mountains of fewer Plateau.
ONOJA ANTHONY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping Moon by ONOJA ANTHONY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COLORS OF THE DAY, Philo Yan
- Il faut charger les mots, Eric Dubois
- GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- <<< I am not yet feeling nausea, Abdul Wahab
- Stop needless, hasmukh amathalal
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Tristesse, Eric Dubois