Long ere creation spurn
The stars shone in the heavens,
Billions of years they have burned
To musing eyes
Who stare endlessly at the spectrum.
A saltant star flickers into the night
Silently ululating for its space,
Glinting, candent the powerful light,
Although a millions of miles away,
Its touch brilliantly bright.
The ebbing of its glow
Skirrs pass the shadowing night,
Mystifying the dwarf star eyes below
Where wishes are made upon,
As a dying star enters time's black hole.
john hardesty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleepless Star by john hardesty )
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)