the smallest things can make the biggest difference,
whether it be good or bad.
It could change how long two people are together
and whether they are happy or not.
What they think about and how they do so,
whether physically together or not.
What they say or want to say to each other,
and how one another reacts to the words just spoken.
Even how two people act around each other,
whether positive or negative.
The possibilities in change are overabundant,
but the amount of results are endless.
It is up to you to create or experience your own cause and effect,
and it'll be yours to grow and learn from.
May I leave you with a possible story starting plot?
Might I suggest, lyrics to a song?
Hayley K...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Small Things by Hayley K... )
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
- Genetic Predisposition And Violence, Is It Poetry
- Reading a Book, swapna bhattacharya
- Sparky, Rena Thompson
- Self-Portrait, swapna bhattacharya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)