Dante Gabriel Rossetti
UNCERTAIN-AGED Miss Thereabouts,
Tough fossil of her teens,
Has lifted up with saving hand
The ruined Smithereens.
Down the dark steps of debt that hand
Sped like an angel's wing,
Deep—dowered with gold, and for itself
Brought back a golden ring.
Ah lovely Lucy Lovandove,
10 That ring's a snake, and means
Woe without end: therein lies crushed
Thy heart—to smithereens.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smithereens by Dante Gabriel Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols