Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Song and Music
O leave your hand where it lies cool
Upon the eyes whose lids are hot:
Its rosy shade is bountiful
Of silence, and assuages thought.
O lay your lips against your hand
And let me feel your breath through it,
While through the sense your song shall fit
The soul to understand.
The music lives upon my brain
Between your hands within mine eyes;
It stirs your lifted throat like pain,
An aching pulse of melodies.
Lean nearer, let the music pause:
The soul may better understand
Your music, shadowed in your hand
Now while the song withdraws.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song and Music by Dante Gabriel Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Holy Book, Tony Adah
- Sugar free, Donnie Wolff
- I am ok as I am, Tim Holmes Jr
- Raindrops - Greek Version, Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy