Smoke Of Jewish Children
Only smoke, smoke, hovering smoke,
Dead children — puffs of living smoke.
They call: Mama, mama! from the smoke,
The whole panorama is in smoke.
The dolls and their worlds are smoke.
And over them the birds are smoke.
The dead children wrap themselves in smoke.
The dead children trap their play in smoke.
Abraham Sutzkever's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smoke Of Jewish Children by Abraham Sutzkever )
- Once summer comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till You Come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah