Glen Martin Fitch
How dare you take away from me
the love that others gave me,
leaving me alone.
I gnash my teeth and groan.
We're pushed around.
I wince with every shove.
We're not like you.
Our world we can't control,
ourselves as well.
Addictions feed our face.
In pain inflicting pain
we stay in place.
I won't give up
but cannot save my soul.
I hate you.
I stink of gall.
Let's have it out right now
and then be done.
I have my hostage
pinned against the wall
and at my temple, look,
I shove a gun.
I want to see you nod.
I dare you!
Show me that you love me, God.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SNIT by Glen Martin Fitch )
- Polished Love, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Poet's Love Letter, Joseph Ogbonna
- Showing Mercy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Telling Essences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Azeez tha to kyun..., Azhar Sabri
- Mila nijat mohabbat..., Azhar Sabri
- How I Love Thy Fields Plain, Julian Mann
- LET PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA COMPLY WITH.., alexander opicho
- Khak me mil jaye ya..., Azhar Sabri
- Coding By Instruments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)