So Maybe I'm Still Sprung
So maybe I'm still sprung
because I still keep his smile to keep me warm
And under his sunshine is still where I belong,
because his arms are still that gentle blanket
that calls to me in the midst of this rough place,
because his voice is still that perpetual song
that makes love to my ears and sticks in my memory,
because that dream I once had of us
still tugs at my eyelids and laughs.
Yes, maybe I'm still sprung...
because some habits take time to break-
(and maybe that's time...I don't want to take) .
Ebone' Ingram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So Maybe I'm Still Sprung by Ebone' Ingram )
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss