There's always a lull before the storm
and then all hell breaks loose.
We close our eyes to the chaos
and place our necks in a noose.
Why, why, why can't we see
that what we're living is a false reality?
The lies are fed us everyday
by the mainstream media called TV.
The American dream is a nightmare now
and still the masses are fooled.
Why are we so complacent?
Do we just love to be ruled?
I don't understand what it will take
to awaken from the zombie state.
I guess we need to be burdened
by too much on our plate.
And the storm is bold. The storm is strong
and the glow that was this nation
is now succumbing to the deadly powers
that gives us radiation.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So Sad by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton