Society By Applause
Standing on trial where the jury is judged.
Society by applause with a cause to conviction.
Vile in my veins, venom is holding the grudge.
Sentenced to death by my mind written predictions.
What is wrongly incorrect is my path by which i gain my respect.
Sand is spilling through the cracks in the glass.
Aging by the minute, i am timed by the midnight hour.
Rope in my hand to be noosed to my gun.
What is the end should never have begun.
My thoughts will be set free infront of a burning cross.
A thousand nails are useless when the hammer is lost.
Asking forgiveness, i will bleed in my grave.
Slave by day and caged to my rage.
I have to be brave.
I will never be saved.
Unic Cjonr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Society By Applause by Unic Cjonr )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Home, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah
- Layer upon Layer Snow Everywhere!, Ramesh T A
- untitled, Panmelys
- If Your Love Belonged To Me, Lora Colon