Born in naked singularity,
Naked come and naked go we by,
Gravely lost in clouded clarity.
Could there be an end beginning nigh?
Time shall tell while its ways elude us.
Dark the warp of soul that might arise.
Bent event horizons delude us
Leading nowhere where a somewhere dies.
Ere singularity can zoom us
Past the bar of sole futurity,
Intelligence may coyly doom us
To entomb our last humanity.
When black holes mortal made mistaken
Steal the chance a cheeky fate to jar,
Then earthly promised lands forsaken
How will dreamers wish upon a star?
Life is precious in its rarity,
Yet the naked eye sees wrong as right.
Is a naked truth that’s now in sight.
Ofttimes softly sounds a muted voice,
Though its murmurs seem too faint to hear,
Whispering, ‘There still may be a choice.
Who says singularity is near? ’
(August 2010 - Granada, Spain)
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solecism by Harley White )
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)