Born in naked singularity,
Naked come and naked go we by,
Gravely lost in clouded clarity.
Could there be an end beginning nigh?
Time shall tell while its ways elude us.
Dark the warp of soul that might arise.
Bent event horizons delude us
Leading nowhere where a somewhere dies.
Ere singularity can zoom us
Past the bar of sole futurity,
Intelligence may coyly doom us
To entomb our last humanity.
When black holes mortal made mistaken
Steal the chance a cheeky fate to jar,
Then earthly promised lands forsaken
How will dreamers wish upon a star?
Life is precious in its rarity,
Yet the naked eye sees wrong as right.
Is a naked truth that’s now in sight.
Ofttimes softly sounds a muted voice,
Though its murmurs seem too faint to hear,
Whispering, ‘There still may be a choice.
Who says singularity is near? ’
(August 2010 - Granada, Spain)
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solecism by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Beats Love, Lilly Emery
- Resolution, Alex Adeoye
- The way of the champion, Alex Adeoye
- Judging A Woman, Randy McClave
- Water and Ink, Carly Hagerty
- feel IT in the hair,, george albot
- Battles above, and Battles below, Lilly Emery
- Philosophy, Nassy Fesharaki
- GOD'S BLESSINGS, Tom Zart
- Emptiness needed, Nalini Chaturvedi