Someone Goes With Me
Someone goes with me
wherever I go
never leaves my side
sits beside me when I eat
or watch TV
walks with me
joins me in the bath at night
clasps me when I sleep.
She is someone I can never forget
the child I was
and still am.
Sometimes she is playful
sometimes she is sad
she looks at me
with yesterday's eyes.
We have shared tears
tried to make sense of the world
She has retained her innocence
mine I fear is gone.
We hold to each other
we hold to each other
I admire her courage
the way she kept on
after every defeat.
The tears that she shed
are dried up in me
the things that she longed for
are not what I long for
her dreams and ambitions aren't mine-
but she walks with me
wherever I go
I wonder what she could have been
if I'd let her grow.
Gillian Commerford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someone Goes With Me by Gillian Commerford )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...