Lawrence S. Pertillar
Something That Is Offered and Exchanged
The best possible way to remain 'involved...
To have a clear and open dialogue wished,
With those one initially meets.
Is not to introduce those experiences,
One has lived through to accomplish.
Throughout one's life,
That has come to benefit.
An increased understanding.
If done too early in a conversation.
Those who came prepared,
To share and express themselves freely.
Will then begin to embellish their activities.
With uplifted chins and arrogant faces.
This can be observed in 'most' social places.
To appear not to know many things,
Sometimes nothing at all,
Is the best avenue one should take.
To at least learn 'something',
That is offered and exchanged.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something That Is Offered and Exchanged by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale