Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Something That Is Offered and Exchanged
The best possible way to remain 'involved...
To have a clear and open dialogue wished,
With those one initially meets.
Is not to introduce those experiences,
One has lived through to accomplish.
Throughout one's life,
That has come to benefit.
An increased understanding.
If done too early in a conversation.
Those who came prepared,
To share and express themselves freely.
Will then begin to embellish their activities.
With uplifted chins and arrogant faces.
This can be observed in 'most' social places.
To appear not to know many things,
Sometimes nothing at all,
Is the best avenue one should take.
To at least learn 'something',
That is offered and exchanged.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.