Sometimes it rains in deserts,
Sometimes it snows in June,
Sometimes a burning sun
Is cooled behind the moon.
Sometimes a classic's written,
Sometimes a poem's sung,
Sometimes the wisest words
Are spoken by the young.
Sometimes the treasure's golden,
Sometimes the victory's won,
Sometimes the road not taken
Is where the path begun.
Sometimes when all is rotten,
Sometimes when hope is gone,
Sometimes your foe is worthy
And helps you carry on.
Sometimes a miracle happens,
Sometimes the fear's misplaced,
Sometimes the hope that's lost
Is once again embraced.
Sometimes our tears are happy,
Sometimes the hate undone,
Sometimes the chains are broken
And the world stands up as one.
Charles Wiles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes by Charles Wiles )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass