Sometimes When We Touch Someone
In our lives we move around,
meeting strangers as we go,
sometimes those strangers
touch our lives in ways we do not know.
It is only afterwards,
we realise the effect they’ve had on us.
How they changed our direction,
made us better than before.
They helped us through a crisis
that played upon our mind,
showed us a better road to go,
in our confusion we could not find.
They touched our lives with kind words,
that somehow made us whole.
They became a beloved friend;
we are forever in their dept.
More times or not,
they never realised what they’ve done,
until we thank them
and then they are surprised by the fact.
They don’t want us to be beholden to them,
but for their kindness
we will always be thankful so,
for that helping touch,
when we needed that someone we did not know.
The next time someone touches us
in our time of need,
we should reward them,
with just a thank you,
because that is all they need.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes When We Touch Someone by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty
- Wish You A Good Day, Rimni chakravarty
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR