'SON, EAT OUR KITCHEN'
SON, EAT OUR KITCHEN'
BY: Melvin D. Banggollay
It has been a month already
Since my father gone away
To a kingdom and destiny
Where God's faithful will stay.
Every time I close my eyes
To rest from work everyday
My soul never rest to visualize
My father's great memory.
Whenever I went to the field
Where he worked dedicatedly,
I felt coldness over my body
As if my father embraced me.
I remember how he told me
About his plan for the family
That he wanted to host a party
To show his Joy and humility.
He wanted to have a re-union
For the whole clan and family
Where we will repair unitedly
His father's forgotten sanctuary.
He made all we need ready
For this big event for the family
But ten days before this party
He leave to join the All Mighty.
Our clan all over the country
Paid a homage to my daddy
Weeping that he failed to see
What he planned for the family.
I miss my daddy so badly
As I used to see him everyday
Every time I arrived so weary
From hard work from far away.
I miss his gentle touch to me
When he tap my head fatherly
Saying ' Son, eat our kitchen '
Before going to work today.
In memory of my loving father, Lino Banggollay Sr
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('SON, EAT OUR KITCHEN' by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- Resistance To Change, Is It Poetry
- The Pirate's Lament, Alex Dubedat
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)