Edward Henry Bickersteth
Song. Forget!—Ah! 'tis a bitter word
Forget!—Ah! 'tis a bitter word
When spoken thus by thee,
The music of life's fitful chord
Will now unheeded be.
The hope which told of brighter hours
Is faded all and fled;
The light and perfume of the flow'rs
Rest only with the dead.
And is it so?—and is it so?
Vain is my tearful eye;
When hope is gone, and love lies low,
Ah! better 'tis—to die!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song. Forget!—Ah! 'tis a bitter word by Edward Henry Bickersteth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Digital Creationism, Brian Johnston
- THE DOORS THAT WOULD NOT OPEN, NADYA AWADH
- Great Creative Genius, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- सिमांङावसो गले गले, Ronjoy Brahma
- Highway Snippets: Of Rainbows & Ruins, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- For Life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Mind Flying, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Broken Relationship, eseck ezeh
- Final Test, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- $25 from POEM HUNTER, Richard Thripp