Song (Untitled #5)
I cannot lose thee for a day,
But like a bird with restless wing
My heart will find thee far away,
And on thy bosom fall and sing,
My nest is here, my rest is here; -
And in the lull of wind and rain,
Fresh voices make a sweet refrain,
'His rest is there, his nest is there.'
With thee the wind and sky are fair,
But parted, both are strange and dark;
And treacherous the quiet air
That holds me singing like a lark,
O shield my love, strong arm above!
Till in the hush of wind and rain,
Fresh voices make a rich refrain,
'The arm above will shield thy love.'
George Meredith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song (Untitled #5) by George Meredith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola