Sonnet 13: Speak Softly Of Love
I write myself a secret song
Hoping that you will sing along
This lovely piece adorne' by throng
That portars time have held so long.
A folk song adorning its lore
Through ages time I fought with mirth
The battle of love's birth and death
So we may fuse its earthly core.
The eyes of love will soon but leer
For death will come to hush us 'mong
And lovely things death will surel' snare
Except in time we sing folksong
Speak softly of love's wooing stance.
That my missive, your ears might dance
Folayemi Akande's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 13: Speak Softly Of Love by Folayemi Akande )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland