Sonnet # 9
I cannot say I've never loved.
I've loved from dawn to night.
And when the stars have seen me sleep,
I've loved whilst in their sight.
I've loved in youthful ways of yore
with bright eyed wonder and praise.
I've loved with ardent fervor
all of Mother Nature's ways.
I've loved as a woman loves a man
and gave in to the feeling of bliss.
And when I felt loved in return
there was nothing better than this.
I cannot say I've never loved
for then I would be lying
And when I feel the approach of death
my love goes beyond my dying.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet # 9 by Edwina Reizer )
- u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ, fbfdb xcvsdv
- email@example.com졸업증명서위조신분증위조주민증위조성적증명서위조, fbfdb xcvsdv
- firstname.lastname@example.org주민등록증위조운전면허증위조, fbfdb xcvsdv
- Nonsense 14, Phil Soar
- Nonsense 13, Phil Soar
- 반 갑 습 니 .., Lee eqkkjaf990
- Hi..Hello., Lee eqkkjaf990
- dfbdfbf, fbfdb xcvsdv
- 안 녕 하 세 2.., Lee eqkkjaf990
- Hurt, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- The General, Siegfried Sassoon
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Months, Sara Coleridge
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)