Sonnet # 9
I cannot say I've never loved.
I've loved from dawn to night.
And when the stars have seen me sleep,
I've loved whilst in their sight.
I've loved in youthful ways of yore
with bright eyed wonder and praise.
I've loved with ardent fervor
all of Mother Nature's ways.
I've loved as a woman loves a man
and gave in to the feeling of bliss.
And when I felt loved in return
there was nothing better than this.
I cannot say I've never loved
for then I would be lying
And when I feel the approach of death
my love goes beyond my dying.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet # 9 by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma