Dr John Celes
Sonnet: A Mother’s Role Could be the Best!
A baby girl grown up has many roles;
The mother’s part she does, becomes her best;
Nevertheless, she passes in this test;
And leaves the world with many happy souls!
A mother’s work remains in children’s heart,
For long a time exemplary from start;
Although, forgotten be a father’s part,
A mother leaves her imprint by great art!
A mother’s sacrifices stay untold;
For children’s sake, she toils selflessly much;
Her love and tender care weighs more than gold;
She ne’er expects any returns as such.
Yet, none offer to care when mother’s old –
Sad truth about the wretched modern world!
Dedicated to my beloved mother
Mrs. Stella Antoniswami, Chungam, CBE,
Who passed away three years back!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 24-04-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: A Mother’s Role Could be the Best! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Before you've brush your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf