Dr John Celes
Sonnet: David and Goliath
God chose a shepherd boy to be the king
Of Israel, when Goliath, the giant
Had threatened everyone, and vowed to bring
Israelites on their knees by his win-chant!
David, the lad had pebbles and a sling;
Goliath had a mighty sword and shield;
But David came in name of God to sing,
And the Philistine had but to yield!
For, God supports the righteous ones to win;
The evil-minded have to bite the dust;
God abhors devils and the mortal sin;
The righteous always hope in Lord and trust.
God permits Goliath to talk in vain;
But David has His love and strength to gain!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 10-03-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: David and Goliath by Dr John Celes )
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis