Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: Earth’s Only Sun
The central star of Milky Way- the Sun:
God made the sun for mankind’s sake on earth;
Around the sun, the earth is on her run;
Each dawn, the rising sun brings newer mirth!
Without the sun, the earth will turn all dark;
If not for it, the world can’t support life;
Sunlight sustains all life-forms up to mark;
Dense forests, seas, abyss escape its knife!
The ball of fire burns incessantly;
The core is hotter than one can think of;
Atomic fusion supplies energy;
Alas! A cloud can block the sun’s great laugh!
Without the sun, can life go on, on earth?
For sake of man, God gave one sun(Son) , its(His) birth!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-4-2008
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.