Sonnet for climate change
The dragon fled hells open gates to kill
Enacting its instinctive fatal drill,
Destroying all beneath denials lash
And in ruins bleached all opposed to ash.
Digesting fear it towed its corpse spare bag
Harbinger, by ignorance long haggard,
Hot acrid deserts grew and droughts prevailed
Some sought salvation from myth and wailed.
Generations oblivious to this
Consumed all in muted happy wilful bliss,
Leaders failed and pretended there was time,
Descendants held such negligence a crime.
We in denial brought this all aboard,
And must adapt to what it ill affords.
Danny Draper 23/10/2013
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet for climate change by Danny Draper )
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)