Dr John Celes
Sonnet: God is At Work in Everything
Though human ken, expertise always count,
As science has made forays in bigger ways,
Luck matters too, when problems you surmount,
Accomplishing feats in each earthly case.
The human brain and gadgets have done well;
But things must happen as per fixed schedule;
Space travel, robotic surgery tell
That calculations must be good by rule!
Despite all mundane factors, known, unknown,
We find the hands of God at work unseen,
In every seed that grows in wild or sown –
A fact of Nature that has always been!
Nothing on earth is wrought by human toil,
Unless the mundane lamp gets divine oil!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright by Dr John Celes 22-05-2013
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: God is At Work in Everything by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do jn the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland