Dr John Celes
Sonnet: I am Dr. John Celes
I am the Man with an ‘Almighty-pen’!
And loud-speaker voice and tongue both smooth and harsh;
My poems are like eggs from ‘Golden-hen’,
And never will be like the gas from marsh.
I am a Man with a good conscience!
I’ll point my finger at you if you err;
I am a Poet and a man of Science;
Provoke me and a hornet’s nest you’ll stir!
I am a Man who will be Overseer!
And Honesty and Justice- both I want;
No evil-doer escapes me, oh dear!
Songs I will sing and Poems I will chant.
I’m Doctor John Celes, Doctor-Poet!
I know I’m great but none know me as yet.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: I am Dr. John Celes by Dr John Celes )
- Kassaman (We Pledge), Moufdi Zakaria
- the rain, ademola oluwabusayo
- Life format, gajanan mishra
- Lonely On A Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Stone, I do admit, gajanan mishra
- O Time, Stop You, It's My Birthday! Let .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Release, Fiona Davidson
- Jacques the Last, John F. McCullagh
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)