Dr John Celes
Sonnet: I Love My Foes
I love my foes for what they've been and are!
They helped me keep my principles on earth;
They made me braver, turn into a star,
And realize the purpose of my birth!
My life was made quite challenging indeed;
I kept off vices, nurtured my virtues;
They made the grass in me, a robust reed!
I learnt to keep wary through their dear cues.
Without my foes, my feats couldn't have been great;
They goaded me to tread my lanes in life;
They helped me choose the heaven's narrow gate!
My trust in God grew more because of strife!
The foes I know are not the only lot!
The more success I get, the more they plot!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 26-02-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: I Love My Foes by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Truth, Michael McParland
- The Sweetness, Michael McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael McParland
- The Storm, Michael McParland
- The Step, Michael McParland
- The Sound, Michael McParland
- The Scene, Michael McParland
- The Only One, Michael McParland
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael McParland
- The Move, Michael McParland