Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski
Sonnet III (To the Virgin Mary)
Unequalled Virgin, the second ornament
Of the human race, whose dignity has not diminished
Her humility, nor has humility lessened her generosity of heart,
O rare Mother of her own Creator!
You have crushed the head of the serpent whose venom
Has poisoned the entire world.
You assumed your place in Heaven above the angels' choir
And there, glorified, you partake of eternal joy.
For our souls you are like a moon
Which reflects the rays of eternal
Charity, as our grievous sinfulness
Descends on us like a night's dark shadow.
Lead us to the morning dawn
And show us the light of your Sun which we all desire.
Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet III (To the Virgin Mary) by Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lifetime Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- new, Alvinzor Flores
- Potential Enemy, Tony Adah
- Egun gun, Le Masquerade, Birgitta Heikka
- Give Up the Black, Steven Rhoads
- In Sickness, Elizabeth Shield
- Selective basis, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -38, Ronjoy Brahma
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma