Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski
Alas, hardpressed the whirling orbs
And swift Titan hie fleeting hours,
And cleave delights with woe avid
Death might - fast on us, she strides!
Whilst I, onward, mark more the deep
Shadow of my wrongs that prey untold
On a heart cowed now by constant woe,
And with tears, my youthful faults I rue.
Power, delights, wealth, such ado,
Tho ne'er for naught, 'tis ill they work,
For our desire they turn astray
From its rightful bliss (God we name).
Brief gains! O blissful a hundredfold
Who knows quick these shadows' true shape!
Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet I by Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Truth are to be discovered, gajanan mishra
- God Brought you into my life... A love p.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Feel The Joy, Margaret Alice Second
- rather be - Get Lost, sEaN nOrTh
- رقم قياسي, نزار قباني
- A Story In The Tsunami (26th Dec 2004), Dilantha Gunawardana
- سمك, نزار قباني
- On the threshold of despair, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Little bits, Hardik Vaidya
- عن المقاهي, نزار قباني