Sonnet: Love's Obstacle
I might not show my care for you at all
I might not display love within my call,
I may not be in lover's gilded hours
Nor may I bring honey from blue flowers.
I own not joy in longing to inspire,
I own not thankfulness in burning desire,
Nor think I incessantly 'bout love's might
As when I lay indulged to the night!
What write I soul inept in wondering
Which flusters to construe my hearts beating-
Oh! Sorrow come what may in eyes wandering
If all but be lonely when meeting.
If ever love were vast in use of rhyme
Then embed this impediment into time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Love's Obstacle by Dillon Tarr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable