Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Money isn't the solution
What's the formula for success in life?
Hard-work- this answer, everyone agrees;
How to avoid ensuing problems, strife?
Alas! most people choose money with ease.
Money is not the problem-solver right;
Money is needed to some extent, yet;
Money in excess makes a man lose sight!
Money brings evils in its wake, I bet!
Life's challenges are something, we must face;
We cannot put the cart before the horse!
Hard-labour and honesty are life's base;
Short-cuts to success, God will ne'er endorse.
But why do people run after money?
Like bees, you gather nectar, make honey!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Money isn't the solution by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson