Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: Revamp the Place
A prowling tiger needs deportation;
It ought to live in forests dense and wild;
Some donkey-kids must too go out-station;
The campus needs some revamping tho’ mild.
The flag of justice must be hoisted high,
On mast of truth that’s driven deep in earth;
And once again, the birds must freely fly;
A fragrance sweet again must fill the breath.
The news-mongers must be tongue-tied again;
Their craftiness won’t work for long, long days;
For, people will become unduly sane;
Some ought to change their wicked methods/ ways.
The place will soon afforest green again;
Our service will be boon to men, not bane.
7-27-2001 by Dr John Celes
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.