Dr John Celes
Sonnet: The Potter Makes All Earthen Pots Alike
World’s mole-hill good is dwarfed by mountain bad!
The righteous few by countless evil hearts;
That God’s beside the upright makes us glad;
Do good all life, ignoring evil arts!
No instrument is evil by itself;
Its use by man decides its value true;
Man’s heart can be like angel or an elf;
The net result depends on what we do!
The man behind the machine decides use;
The mind behind an idea, abuse;
A gadget can better or worsen things;
Equal are paupers before God to kings!
The Potter makes all earthen pots alike:
The devils aid to earn divine dislike!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-15-2009
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: The Potter Makes All Earthen Pots Alike by Dr John Celes )
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
- Creative Animals, vaibhav bhardwaj
- That Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Oziyon Le Dawn living in the sun, Oziyon LeDawn
- Mind Over Matter, Patrick van der Loos
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
- Tears of Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Value Has To Be, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)