Dr John Celes
Sonnet: To My Wife
Our marriage comes just once a life-time dear;
Yet, anniversaries could come often;
Our sacred bond must instill love, not fear,
And help us reach our goal, which is Heaven.
Why brood over the future God intends?
’Tis waste of precious time in worrying much;
Why bother when our needs God well attends?
Let’s thank the Lord for his Fatherly touch.
Let’s keep our lives God-centered and proceed;
Avoiding sins, we must perform good deeds;
God will provide whatever things we need;
Let’s not worry if suffering exceeds!
Each Marriage Anniversary must show,
God’s love and help our love on earth to grow!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: To My Wife by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi
- EVERY POEM HAS ITS PHILOSOPHER AND ITS P.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Helen Keller, Kyle Schlicher
- Insignificant, Kyle Schlicher