Dr John Celes
Sonnet: To My Wife
Our marriage comes just once a life-time dear;
Yet, anniversaries could come often;
Our sacred bond must instill love, not fear,
And help us reach our goal, which is Heaven.
Why brood over the future God intends?
’Tis waste of precious time in worrying much;
Why bother when our needs God well attends?
Let’s thank the Lord for his Fatherly touch.
Let’s keep our lives God-centered and proceed;
Avoiding sins, we must perform good deeds;
God will provide whatever things we need;
Let’s not worry if suffering exceeds!
Each Marriage Anniversary must show,
God’s love and help our love on earth to grow!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: To My Wife by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr