Dr John Celes
Sonnet: To My Wife
Our marriage comes just once a life-time dear;
Yet, anniversaries could come often;
Our sacred bond must instill love, not fear,
And help us reach our goal, which is Heaven.
Why brood over the future God intends?
’Tis waste of precious time in worrying much;
Why bother when our needs God well attends?
Let’s thank the Lord for his Fatherly touch.
Let’s keep our lives God-centered and proceed;
Avoiding sins, we must perform good deeds;
God will provide whatever things we need;
Let’s not worry if suffering exceeds!
Each Marriage Anniversary must show,
God’s love and help our love on earth to grow!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: To My Wife by Dr John Celes )
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath