I live, I burn, I drown and I die
I endure at once chill and cold;
Life is too hard and too soft to hold;
I am joyful and sad, don't ask me why.
Suddenly I laugh and at the same time cry
And as I'm happy I must endure grief,
It lasts forever and goes like a thief,
Suddenly I bloom and vanish into sigh.
Thus I suffer Amors' inconstancy
And when I think I am in great pain,
Without thinking, it is gone again.
Then when my joy is a certainty
And my longing for love is not in vain,
I am in pain all over once again.
Louise Labe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet VIII by Louise Labe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Aphorisms, Noel Sevilla
- habit, laxami Cards
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey