Dr John Celes
Sonnet: When Death Comes...
Death strikes all people unwary sometime;
No one can truly know when comes this thief;
The health of body, mind and soul are prime;
To bravely face, in God have strong belief!
Let precious life not succumb to disease;
Nor should one’s life be lost by accident;
God gives each life a soul to care on lease;
Death comes to soul with sins, not penitent!
You never know if you could die today!
Just be aware of this great truth on earth;
You cannot risk the loss of soul some way;
Prepare for God’s Kingdom right from your birth!
A fool would lose his life for earthly wealth;
The wise keeps life and soul in divine health!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright by Dr John Celes 5-08-2013
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When Death Comes... by Dr John Celes )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere