Dr John Celes
Sonnet: When Death Comes...
Death strikes all people unwary sometime;
No one can truly know when comes this thief;
The health of body, mind and soul are prime;
To bravely face, in God have strong belief!
Let precious life not succumb to disease;
Nor should one’s life be lost by accident;
God gives each life a soul to care on lease;
Death comes to soul with sins, not penitent!
You never know if you could die today!
Just be aware of this great truth on earth;
You cannot risk the loss of soul some way;
Prepare for God’s Kingdom right from your birth!
A fool would lose his life for earthly wealth;
The wise keeps life and soul in divine health!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright by Dr John Celes 5-08-2013
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When Death Comes... by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- shamely departed, kyvin nash
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Black Orchid, Beach Girl
- Play trick, hasmukh amathalal
- condemned, Mandolyn Davidson
- Love In A LifeTime, Melissa Furey
- Haves and havenots, gajanan mishra
- if you love me, hold my hand, Mandolyn Davidson
- Desire, thy art killing!, Aftab Alam
- you, my impossible thing, Mandolyn Davidson