Dr John Celes
Sonnet: When Death Comes...
Death strikes all people unwary sometime;
No one can truly know when comes this thief;
The health of body, mind and soul are prime;
To bravely face, in God have strong belief!
Let precious life not succumb to disease;
Nor should one’s life be lost by accident;
God gives each life a soul to care on lease;
Death comes to soul with sins, not penitent!
You never know if you could die today!
Just be aware of this great truth on earth;
You cannot risk the loss of soul some way;
Prepare for God’s Kingdom right from your birth!
A fool would lose his life for earthly wealth;
The wise keeps life and soul in divine health!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright by Dr John Celes 5-08-2013
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When Death Comes... by Dr John Celes )
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
- SFI Appears To Be Most Agggressive, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do and go on, gajanan mishra
- Hurt, Tshering Chekii
- Jadavpur University Campus Is Not For Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Females have, hasmukh amathalal
- Restaurant Salad, James Merchant
- Social consequences, hasmukh amathalal
- this joy 'S', noel maddock
- Re-do, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bernard Shaw
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)