Dr John Celes
Sonnet: With God’s Help
‘Come to my aid God, ’ whenever I need,
For, without Thee, my life’s vessel could sink;
With Thee, my Lord, I’ll do great things indeed!
Like how with Thine inspiration, I ink.
Prepare me Lord for life’s challenges,
And make me wary, alert, sensible;
And like sore-throat, soothen’d by lozenges,
Soothen my heart with words from the Bible.
Show me Thy unique ways to solve problems;
Let despair not entwine my human heart;
Let flowers new, blossom forth from old-stems,
And let Thine wisdom help me further art.
O use me Lord, for any purpose, God!
In case I fail, do spare me from Thy rod.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: With God’s Help by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night view, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash
- Shiv and Shakti, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Is War, Justin Molebatsi
- Shut Up You Drug Addict (Clean Version), Paula Glynn
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma
- Woman's Relation Matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Altar Of Twilight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak