Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: With God’s Help
‘Come to my aid God, ’ whenever I need,
For, without Thee, my life’s vessel could sink;
With Thee, my Lord, I’ll do great things indeed!
Like how with Thine inspiration, I ink.
Prepare me Lord for life’s challenges,
And make me wary, alert, sensible;
And like sore-throat, soothen’d by lozenges,
Soothen my heart with words from the Bible.
Show me Thy unique ways to solve problems;
Let despair not entwine my human heart;
Let flowers new, blossom forth from old-stems,
And let Thine wisdom help me further art.
O use me Lord, for any purpose, God!
In case I fail, do spare me from Thy rod.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.