Sorrow has purchased me-
Has sorrow purchased me?
Never thought in this manner,
Never thought in this manner-
Green thicket will be burnt.
Green thicket will be burnt
Shiuly and bakul flower
will be odd looking
The Padma- the Megna River
will be desert.
Sorrow alas! Sorrow
How easily your eyes sweep away,
burns causing pain.
Sorrow causes to weep
sorrow sweeps away
Sorrow burrs mind.
Broken heart your physique
Broken heart stamina;
Mind can’t tie with sorrow
Can’t plodding on with sorrow
Sorrow either to me or to you
Give no happiness.
Alas! Sorrow either to me
Or to you
Give no happiness.
BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sorrow by BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA )
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)