Sorrow and joy
Being in poverty is sorrow.
Leaving comfort is sorrow.
Wish withheld is sorrow.
Fear upheld is sorrow.
Contact with unpleasantness is sorrow.
Separation from pleasantness is sorrow.
If there is no shadow
There will be no ray.
Both compliments each other..
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sorrow and joy by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Crying Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- Ballad Of A Mothers Love, Kewayne Wadley
- Terrorist, Kewayne Wadley