I'm so sorry I'm not better.
God knows I wish I looked much better.
I'm sorry I'm not more interesting.
If I were, I'm sure you'd find that in your heart you'd be more kind.
I'm sorry I'm not what you need.
From inside it makes me bleed.
I've tried to make you see
that for true love you could do no better than me.
I'm truly sorry you don't agree.
From all these feelings I want to flee.
I'm so sorry I'm so strange.
I truly wish I weren't deranged.
At the snap of fingers I would change.
For your love backwards I would bend.
I'm sorry for who I am.
My whole life is such a sham.
Ever since I began,
I knew I would never be a man.
I'm sorry you were in my plan.
When it comes to loving me you never can.
So I say for now and then,
I'm sorry I'm not the man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sorry by Michael McParland )
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)