Who will revive my memory?
My scar is shy like a scattered smoke in the sky
My five senses-a deafening stony silence
But the odour of my past wailed the momento unabated
In the bright, bright morning when holiday was holyday
In the dark, dark night when shadows denies shadows
What will revive my memory?
My virgin mind behold a symbol
Symbol though colourless unlock the old, made naked the past
In the quietness of the river,
the sharpness of the symbol calls to mind than the swift spirit
What is memory when is not of symbol-dark dream in a stony sky
Memory is memorial only when is symbolize
Where is my memory revived?
In the brightness of my thought
Beyond the darkness of my doubts
Down the corridor of my mind
Over sanctum of my naivety
And above my dying passion
Somewhere my marble eye can view the past immemorial.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Souvenir by OPETAYO AWOTUNDUN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice