I am standing the field
At godforsaken place
And holding sword and shield
And staring at foe’s face.
There are hundreds like me
But only one first row
We are limbs of one’s tree,
We’re not afraid of blow.
I was born for this day
I’m nothing just a clay
There’s no need to pray
No one ought to replay.
I am standing the land
Still admire the cloud
I'm here now to defend
My home. I’m very proud.
I'm ready for this fight
And looking at the sun.
I'm soaking the sun light
This heat just will be gone.
Well someone’s solid arm
Is threatening my head
I can’t avoid this harm
And all is getting red.
I’m standing to the death
And not afraid to die.
I’m drawing my last breath
And looking at the sky.
Volodymyr Dikan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spartan by Volodymyr Dikan )
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Love Is Not My Trade, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)