Hannah Barham (Winchester)
Cool Spring breezes caress
As song-birds sing
In early March sunshine.
Dappled brooks and brooding woods
Uplifted by a rare display
Or solar beauty
After a long, cold Winter.
Basking, bathed in glorious
I am warmed and feel
That Spring is well and truly sprung.
There will be set-backs
And rainy days
But these precious, early hours,
These eager displays of Spring beauty
Will last until the Summer's heat
Pervades the freshness
With earthy tones and fills
My foolish heart with joy.
Poet Other Poems
- And Death Seems The Only Way Out
- And Once Again My Dreams Take Flight
- Borrowed Happiness on Borrowed Time
- Dead To You
- For Ben (written on a till receipt)
- I Never Wanted To Make You Cry
- I Try
- If I Told You I Love You
- If You Knew
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.