Cool Spring breezes caress
As song-birds sing
In early March sunshine.
Dappled brooks and brooding woods
Uplifted by a rare display
Or solar beauty
After a long, cold Winter.
Basking, bathed in glorious
I am warmed and feel
That Spring is well and truly sprung.
There will be set-backs
And rainy days
But these precious, early hours,
These eager displays of Spring beauty
Will last until the Summer's heat
Pervades the freshness
With earthy tones and fills
My foolish heart with joy.
Hannah Barham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spring by Hannah Barham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas
- GALE'S MEDAL, Terry Collett
- Listen To Me, I am Talking, Ali Faisal
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas