Spring Comes To Murray Hill
I sit in an office at 244 Madison Avenue
And say to myself You have a responsible job havenue?
Why then do you fritter away your time on this doggerel?
If you have a sore throat you can cure it by using a good goggeral,
If you have a sore foot you can get it fixed by a chiropodist,
And you can get your original sin removed by St. John the Bopodist,
Why then should this flocculent lassitude be incurable?
Kansas City, Kansas, proves that even Kansas City needn't always be
Up up my soul! This inaction is abominable.
Perhaps it is the result of disturbances abdominable.
The pilgrims settled Massachusetts in 1620 when they landed on a stone
Maybe if they were here now they would settle my stomach.
Oh, if I only had the wings of a bird
Instead of being confined on Madison Avenue I could soar in a jiffy to
Second or Third.
Ogden Nash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spring Comes To Murray Hill by Ogden Nash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim