'Stairway To Heaven'
Too many lambs on the road
Too much traffic
Please get out of the cart
Walk right on the cross street.
You may find the path
Dark and void of sound
Be brave, and stroll on
It’s indeed a paved ground.
At the edge end
You front the water fall
Mist the clay mountain
The priest swims there
In a shallow mere
His Skin is in patchy pallor
And soul pales in pain.
Drop your nun robes
Dive in the pond hole
Caress his face afloat
And stay happy then.
By the Book, this act
Is an indecent sin
Be bold, and pray
This simple desire for
That brings you closer
To “Stairway to Heaven”.
Nirode Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Stairway To Heaven' by Nirode Ray )
- No ordinary, hasmukh amathalal
- Coal - your turn, gajanan mishra
- Bluff-masters As Contemporary Indian Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra