Star (Tribute to Lis Sladen)
You were a star down on Earth;
Now you’re a star in the sky:
Straight up to Heaven
You were destined to fly.
I will never forget
That heartbreaking day,
When it was announced
That you’d passed away.
I could hardly believe it:
Had they made a mistake?
You were so full of life:
Too young for God to take.
Your departure back then
Took us all by surprise:
It broke all our hearts
And made us all cry.
When I see your photo,
I still can’t believe;
For your presence on Earth,
I still sit and grieve.
Two years have now passed
Since you left us behind,
But you’ll stay forever more
In our hearts and our minds.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Star (Tribute to Lis Sladen) by Angela Wybrow )
- The Keladi People, Ismim Putera
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)