Blemishes on the night’s face
Glowing brighter with each passing hour.
With each iridescent wish
And each shining prayer.
Fuller and fuller.
The hopes of humanity in the heavens.
Angels with spiked wings
Playing tag ‘round our dreams.
An explosion against the dark.
Hopes and dreams
And shimmering things,
Fall back to where they belong.
The night is clean again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stars by Cassandra Helen )
- Dreams Create a Beautiful World, Rohit Sapra
- The touch of a star is like the touch of.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Art of Creation, Anthony Di'anno
- Breathing slow, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Same Moon, Amber Carreon
- You and Your Self, Frank Avon
- delicious red, Mandolyn ...
- Better than that, Cee Bea
- kya mila-, sanjay kumar maurya
- क्या मिला, sanjay kumar maurya
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Balade of Complaint, Geoffrey Chaucer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)